August 30, 2010

Chapter One - Teaser

Hi everyone,
 
Sorry this didnt come out last night. I came home really late with a sinus attack....anyway. Here is your teaser for this week's chapter. Happy reading :o)
 
~**~
One of our awkward silences fell over us then, making me uncomfortable and fidgety. He rocked back on his heels, about to turn and leave the room, when he noticed the chain link hanging down through my fingers.

“What's in your hand?” He asked.

I looked down dumbly for a few seconds, a part of me wanting to forget the whole thing, lie and hide it behind my back. But this was important.

“It's a gift,” I said, frowning at my closed fist.

“For who?”

“For you.”

Another attack of nerves crowded me when I looked up at him again. I knew he was trying hard to fall into the mould of being my fiancé, by accepting what he thought he had to. But it was often obvious by just the look on his face that he was having trouble with it. It was almost as if he was trying to love me, instructing his heart to feel something on command....and failing at it.

"But you just said...” he started.

“I know,” I cut in, raising my hand to stop him. “It's not a big deal. This is actually not even new, so don't worry about it.”

 
“Then what is it?”

I opened my hand then and showed him the link, adorned with the stone of Selenite....

1 comments:

slyt2 said...

Ahhh I am so excited you have started this story. I can tell it's going to be full of heartache.. (runs to store and buys boxes of Kleenex.... lol
Can't wait to read the chapter...YAY

Post a Comment