September 19, 2010

TEASER for Chapter 5 !

Hi everyone,
 
Welcome to teaser Sunday! The reviews are starting to get pretty serious..LOL. We're only up to chapter 4 guys. Don't worry so much! The story is going somewhere. It's still very early in the game.
 
After reading the teaser, please visit the "News and Reviews" page to see the news and reviews of the week. I promise to be better at updating there on a weekly basis.
 
Here you go. Happy reading, and see you on Wednesday.
 
~*~
 
He was quiet and agitated again, trying to prepare himself for what he was about to see. Just that morning he was gentle and attentive, sweet almost as he told me about his dream. But those moments were now long gone as I glanced at his harsh profile nostalgically.

His dream was yet another thing I had to shove on the back burner until I had the privacy to fall apart, because at the moment, there was a more pressing problem at hand.

This house of his.

I tapped my fingers on the wheel as I drove, scanning the streets with nervous eyes as I took us closer to what was potentially another fight.

Words failed me when we came to the address on the outskirts of the city and there was actually a house standing there. I stared at it for the longest while, tempted to double check the address again just to be sure, but he already had it tucked away in his wallet.

We stayed parked in the car for a solid minute, just staring at the house. I didn't know what the hell to do. There was still no guarantee that it belonged to him. What if there were people in there?

“Are you okay?” Edward asked, quietly.

I turned to him with my best impression of calm and control.

“I'm fine.”

“You seem almost....alarmed,” he said, cocking his head to the side.

“Really? By what?” I replied, shifting my eyes between his.

That calculating look in his eyes was trying to catch me off guard, and it would always be a point of contention between us, regardless of how right he was.

“I don't know, Bella. You have to tell me."

“I'm just overwhelmed, is all. I haven't been to your house since before your accident. It's just...sad, for me. I guess.”

~*~

Thanks for reading.
See you on Wednesday.

Psyche.


0 comments:

Post a Comment