October 17, 2010

TEASER : Chapter 9 : In Darkness or Light

Hi again :) All my thanks to you guys for being wonderful readers. Set in Stone made 1000 reviews, and I'm thrilled to bits. Thanks to all of you for taking me this far. Here is tonight's teaser. I hope you like. And again, this story hasn't quite begun yet, so don't worry if things seem a little hopeless right now. We're only to chapter 9. Enjoy the ride ;o)
 
~*~
 
He dropped his head and laughed softly, and the sound gave me goosebumps.

“Still,” he went on to say. “I have no ulterior motive. I'm trying to help you.”

“I know,” I said, with a laboured sigh. “I know.”

“Then?”

 
In genuine ignorance, I frowned down at his bandaged palm which he held out for me, and raised an eyebrow.

 
“What.....like now?”

 
“It's still dark out,” he answered with upturned eyes. “Besides, it may be good practice for us, just to see how we fare.”

 
Damn you and your old century charm, I thought. Damn you and your aristocratic, polished, lovely, distracting, British accent. Damn your new eyes that twinkle even in the dark. And damn your good ideas that are so, so, so, so, soooo unfairly good.

 
“Damn you, Edward Cullen,” I surrendered, and put my hand in his.

With a small nod he stood up and took me with him, to something that very literally had the potential to make or break any chance I had of rekindling our romance again...

~*~

Love to all.
See you on Wednesday!
Psyche 

0 comments:

Post a Comment