November 21, 2010

TEASER! Chapter 14 - IDoL

Hello, hello, hello!
Teaser Sunday is here! Here's your excerpt from Chapter 14 - LOST. Happy reading.
~*~
I threw myself into the street with no faster way to cross it. Tires screeched. Horns blared, and an unsuspecting hand grabbed at my elbow.

“Are you crazy?!” The stranger shrieked, pulling me back onto the pavement.
 
“I have to get home!” I screamed into his face.

 
Throwing my hands out in front of me, I stepped into the street again and forced the cars to stop. By some miracle I made it to the other side without being flattened, and ran. I ran so fast. My sneakers pounded as well as my heart. But no matter how hard I pushed, or how I tried to cut through the wind, I couldn't go fast enough.

 
Out of breath and dying for air, I stopped against a bench and bent over gaspingly. The sun was already setting. They had made me wait too long at the police station and now the sun was setting. I was on my own, without my car or cell phone, and still a good distance away from home.

 
I swallowed a mouthful of cold air and looked at the setting sun, dreading what was waiting for me at one second past the last ray of orange.

 
I'm never gonna make it, I thought fretfully. Please, let me make it...
 
~*~
 
See you guys on Wednesday :o)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment